Sunday, January 17, 2016

My Newest Pug Painting ~ Pug Design A92 ~ "Standing By"


Happy Sunday everyone!

I am so excited to introduce my newest pug painting to you!

It is the first one I have painted since 2014!

I just love how he turned out!

I have titled it ...

"Standing By"

8 x 10
Acrylic on Wood
Copyright ~ Melissa Langer ~ 2016


I have taken lots of photos of it for you as I painted it so you can see it pop to life...

This is the original sketch on wood that I did to begin.


The next thing I do is start shading in the fur.


Next comes the face...








...and the teeny weenie tongue :)


The final steps are to paint the background and the fine lines to really make him pop to life!


Ta Da!

That was so much FUN, and I am so excited to share him with you!

It is design A92 on my website and is now available on all of my products for you to enjoy! 



xoxoxoxo
Melissa & R-Chee


2 comments:

Tweedles -- that's me said...

He really did come to life!!! Oh how we love him! And truly does look like he is "Standing By!!
We are so happy for you! We're happy that the time was right,, and as you picked up your sketching pencil and paints,,,he came to you!
He is so beautiful! We love the expression and the itty bitty tongue!
love
twee

tubby3pug said...

so sweet reminds me of my dear tubby