Monday, January 11, 2016

Finger Painting is FUN!


Happy Monday everyone!

Do you remember what it was like to finger paint as a kid?

I remember how fun and free it was to stick my fingers in the pretty colors of paint set out for us by the teacher.

I can still feel the sensation of the cool & slick pigments on my fingers. 

The construction paper always felt rough at first when my fingertips spread the paint in lots of different shapes to form a picture.

When we are children, we do not judge what we do... we just do it and enjoy it as we do it!

That is what life is all about... enjoying the moment and appreciating the experience of whatever we are doing.

As we grow up, we lose some of that ease of just doing it to do it.  It always has to mean something or "be" something, and that pressure can kinda take the fun out of what we are doing.

So when I saw a Finger Painting Class offered by my favorite "art teacher" :) Carla Sonheim, I could not wait to sign up! 


In this wonderful 3 lesson, mini class, we relearn how to smush paint around again and have FUN seeing what appears on the page!

Here are the paintings I have made so far...


Three little Pugs all in a row!




A Bear


...and a Bunny!

They were so much fun to make and I cannot wait to see who else pops to life.


She is an amazing teacher!

It does not matter if you think you cannot draw or paint. :)

If you can scribble on a piece of paper, you are an artist!

She will teach you a whole toolbox of wonderful techniques and from the very first lesson... all of a sudden art appears!

It is relaxing, fun and exciting just to create!

I would love to see what you make!
Please feel free to share it with me!
I would love to see!

xoxoxo
Melissa & R-Chee

3 comments:

The Daily Pip said...

Finger painting was always one of my favorite things as a kid and now I love to paint with my daughter. It so relaxing and fun!

Sketching with Dogs said...

Love your finger painted animals Missy!
What a coincidence, I am blogging about finger painting on Friday and Elliot's sweater today.
That was such a fun class!
Lynne x

Tweedles -- that's me said...

We love each of your finger paintings! Yes,, isnt it total fun,, and your right-- its fun to share,, and giggle at what we have created,, and to be happy about it!
Thank you for sharing your beautiful finger paintings!
love
twee