Thursday, August 20, 2015

New Yarn Painting ~ Teddy the Corgi


Happy Thursday everyone!

I am soooooo excited to show you the newest yarn painting I just finished!

I made it for my wonderful twin sister, Melanie and I just surprised her with it!

It is a portrait of her corgi, Teddy!

I just love how it turned out!

Yarn Paintings are so FUN and easy to make!

I have written a step by step tutorial for you if you would like to make one too.

I love making yarn paintings because they are relaxing projects that only use simple supplies that you probably already have in your craft box.

I took lots of photos for you to see Teddy pop to life from a simple photo to a rich yarn painting!


I started with a photo of Teddy that I printed off in a size to fit my 8 x 10 board.

Then I cut out the photo and glued it to my board so that I could "paint" the shapes with my yarn!


Then I just let the photo tell me where to put the yarn pieces!

I love seeing him pop to life!





Ta Da!


Here is the finished piece all ready to hang!

Melly just LOVED it and nothing in the world makes me happier to know that!

The smile on her face was the biggest hug I could ever get!

Making and sharing art is the greatest gift for me and I truly feel it is what my life's purpose is all about.

I have done several yarn paintings over the years and each one was not only FUN to make but FUN to touch and admire everyday!

I have several of them for sale as note card sets in my Etsy shop for you to enjoy too!

If yarn painting sound like a FUN project that you would like to try, please take a look at my yarn painting tutorial and share the finished piece with me anytime!
I would love to see it!

xoxoxo
Melissa & R-Chee






2 comments:

Idaho PugRanch said...

How Clever is that! It turned out wonderful!
hugs
Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

Tweedles -- that's me said...

You did a fantastic job!! Teddy is beautiful... and of course Melly loves it!
I remember when you showed us how to do a yarn painting,, and it was fun
love
twee